The Most Effective way to Upgrade Your Swim Teaching Skills
Become a better swimming instructor in no time, even if you think you don’t have enough time or money to invest in your professional development.
Those that identify as swimming instructors come to the pools from a wide range of backgrounds and offer outcomes that are equally divergent.
Students ready to engage in a swimming class want -- and deserve -- positive experiences that provide speedy progress in their quest of aquatic mastery.
- Take your teaching skills to the next level with this Upgrade course.
- Learn how to plan, deliver and facilitate effective and engaging swimming lessons for all ages and abilities.
- Join a network of professional swimming instructors who share the same passion and vision for aquatic education.
This online course is designed for swimming instructors who have already completed a nationally recognized swimming teaching credential, such as Red Cross, YMCA, Royal Life, SwimAmerica, or that of the Lifesaving Society.
The Upgrade Course will help you enhance your knowledge and skills in accordance with the standards of U CAN Swim and ISCA’s Lifespan Aquatics Programming.
The Upgrade Course covers:
- Philosophy and mission of The Swim Academy and U CAN Swim.
- Curriculum and progression.
- Benefits of ISCA’s Lifespan Aquatics Programming.
- How to plan, deliver and facilitate swimming lessons for different levels and age groups.
- How to use feedback, assessment and evaluation tools to improve your teaching performance.
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for your students.
- How to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and supervisors.
- How to access and use the online resources and support of U CAN Swim, ISCA and The Swim Academy.
The Upgrade Course is delivered online at http://Read.SwimISCA.org/courses/upgrade.
You can complete the course at your own pace and convenience. You will also have access to webinars, interactive quizzes, videos, podcasts and other learning materials.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of recognition and become part of The Swim Academy's professional network.
The Upgrade Course is suitable for:
- Swimming instructors who want to improve their teaching skills and knowledge.
- Swimming instructors who want to join The Swim Academy’s network and access its resources and support.
- Swimming instructors who want to expand their career opportunities and marketability.
- Swimming program owners who want to adopt The Swim Academy’s standards and curriculum.
- Swimming program leaders and owners who want to train their staff with unified, effective, proven methods of The Swim Academy and U CAN Swim.
The Upgrade Course has the following pre-requisites:
- Water Safety Instructor or NCCP Swimming Teacher or YMCA Instructor or Lifesaving Society Instructor Certification or other National Recognized Swimming Teaching credential.
- Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross award, if in Canada.
Don’t miss this opportunity to upgrade your swimming teaching skills with The Swim Academy. Enroll in the Upgrade Course today and take your swimming instruction career to the next level. Visit http://Read.SwimISCA.org/checkout/upgrade to register now.
When students sign up for a swimming class, they have one goal in mind: to master the skills and techniques of swimming. They want to have fun, learn fast and feel confident in the water. They also deserve to have a positive and supportive learning environment that helps them achieve their potential. That’s why the Upgrade course was created. The course teaches you how to deliver swimming lessons that meet and exceed your students’ expectations.
Feeling stuck or bored with your current teaching methods and curriculum, especially the hit-and-miss randomness from others on the staff?
- Keeping your students motivated, engaged and satisfied with their progress happens with the U CAN Swim format.
- Lacking the confidence and competence to deliver high-quality swimming instruction.
- Missing out on career opportunities and income potential due to limited skills and credentials.
- Feeling isolated and unsupported as a swimming instructor.
Having difficulty adapting your lessons to different levels, ages and abilities of your students?
- Gain confidence and competence in your ability to deliver high-quality swimming instruction, for the basics and then expand with continued renewals and registrations from returning students still eager for learning more and more.
The Upgrade online course is a comprehensive and practical training program that will teach you how to plan, deliver and facilitate swimming lessons that are effective, engaging and fun for your students. You’ll learn how to use the latest methods and techniques from The Swim Academy, U CAN Swim and ISCA’s Lifespan Aquatics Programming. You’ll also join a community of professional swimming instructors who share your passion and vision for aquatic education. The Upgrade online course is the perfect solution for you if you want to improve your skills, increase your marketability, generate staff cooperation and grow your business as a swimming instructor.
After You Sign Up, You Are In!
When you sign up for the Upgrade course, you’ll get instant access to its entire online swim training program that covers the core of the U CAN Swim curriculum. You’ll be able to log into the course at this website with a username and password. The password is emailed to you in a welcome message upon registration directly from the server. That email has all the details and instructions you need to get started.
After you login, you can change your password.
Start learning right away.
This learning management system has support help with email, a chat bot is pending, and a phone conversation to 412-298-3432 with the webmaster.
You're on-site leaderships team should be able to lend support too.
Each lesson and topic includes the materials, quizzes, assignments that will help you master the content. Plug along at your own pace and convenience. Some of the areas provide offline access for a download too.
You can ask questions, share your experiences and get feedback on your assignments. You can also join the online community where you can connect with other swimming instructors who are taking the course or have completed it.
The Upgrade course takes about 10 hours to complete. You can finish it in a week or spread it over a month. It’s up to you how fast or slow you want to go. The important thing is that you learn the skills and knowledge that will help you become a better swimming instructor.
At the end of the course, you’ll receive a certificate of recognition from The Swim Academy. You’ll also become part of The Swim Academy’s network of professional swimming instructors. You’ll be able to access The Swim Academy’s resources and support whenever you need them. You’ll also be able to showcase your credentials and skills to your potential employers and clients.
What makes us different
Students in the U CAN Swim system are not put into lifejackets which put the swimmers into a vertical body position, less than ideal for learning how to swim. Nor are swim centers forced to make the purchase of 40+ lifejackets for its students.
The people behind the U CAN Swim program, Current Wave and the International Swim Coaches Association are devoted, swimming experts.
Individual - BasiC
Simple, fast and effective flexible move
Full Staff training
Simple, fast and effective flexible move
If, for any reason, you don't like this amazing plugin, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your purchase. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our friendly support team and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.
Boost Your Skills. Join our comprehensive aquatics program built for spanning lifetimes!
The Upgrade course is something I’m proud of and passionate about. Lots of time, effort and love has been put into creating the system. I’ve also seen the amazing results it can produce for swimming instructors.
That’s why I want to invite you to enroll in the Upgrade course today. I want to help you overcome your problems and challenges as a swimming instructor and perhaps as a program leader at an aquatics facility. I want to help you and the whole staff improve skills, increase marketability and grow the profession -- as the pandemic has been crushing. Now we rebuild our ranks --and do it with modern utilities.
I want to help you plan, deliver and facilitate swimming lessons that are effective, engaging and fun for your students.
I know you have what it takes to become a champion in the eyes of your students -- as swimming better is so much fun at many levels. Our students deserve the right training, guidance and support. That’s what The Upgrade course can provide for you.
Don’t hesitate any longer. Enroll in the course and get ready to transform your swimming teaching career. You won’t regret it.
I can’t wait to see you inside the course and help you achieve your goals.